Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with Community Education: 201 E. 38th Street. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?
Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?
To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
Class Cancellations Community Education reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment. Refunds or class credit are given if Community Education cancels the class. See the class cancellation policy below if you are unable to attend. Emergency/Severe Weather Cancellations Announcements regarding severe weather related closings and cancellations will be reported by local radio and television stations as well as updated on the Sioux Falls School District’s website. If school or evening activities should be cancelled, then IN PERSON Community Education classes are cancelled. In addition to these reports, if cancelled before 5:00pm, ComEd will attempt to contact participants by email if possible. Please be sure that your account has an email associated with it and to keep an eye on the local news. Instructors will attempt to reschedule cancelled classes if able. If the class cannot be rescheduled, a refund will be issued. Unable to Attend? Community Education Class Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a class as planned, you must call the Community Education office at least 3 business days prior to your first class meeting. With a 3 business day notice, we will be happy to transfer you to another available class or apply a full class credit to your Community Education account to use towards another class. Community Education Bus Trips: If you are unable to attend a bus trip as planned, you must call the Community Education office at least 2 full weeks prior to the date of the bus trip. Community Education charges a $25 non-refundable cancellation fee. With a 2 week notice, we will be happy to transfer the balance to another available class or apply as a credit to your Community Education account to use towards another class. Driver's Education Policy: If the student is unable to attend the class, you MUST call the Community Education office at least five (5) Business days prior to the first class meeting. With a 5 Business day notice, we will be happy to transfer the student to another AVAILABLE class. If a class is not available, Community Education has a $50 non-refundable cancellation fee with the remainder of the registration fee applied as a credit to your original form of payment. *All class credits expire after one year and cannot be redeemed for cash.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned